Programs for Parents and Babies and Toddlers
Sally’s proteges continue teaching early literacy programs for parents and caregivers with babies and toddlers, in various locations in Toronto. For program descriptions, schedule and registration, click on the links below:
Jump-start your baby’s early literacy and sharpen your parenting skills in this educational class, Lullababies Storytime with Anna Jaeger at August Kinn (1374 Danforth Ave)! Lullababies is a storytime class with a movement focus for parents & babies 0-18mo. Parents will learn from a broad repertoire of rhymes, songs, tickles and bounces that will be instrumental in building or changing your routine, diffusing fussy situations, soothing your baby to sleep, or just having fun! Based on local storytelling legend (and Anna’s mother), Sally Jaeger’s programs, Lullabies & Lap Rhymes and Mr. Bear Says Hello (1981), Lullababies Storytime is a great way to engage and bond with your baby while you both learn new skills! June 28-September 6 at August Kinn. Visit www.eventbrite.com/lullababiesstorytime for details and registration. NOTE: There will be no class on July 26 & August 16.
- Early introduction to language for baby
- Parents will learn how to distract, diffuse, entertain, calm and sooth baby
- Face to face interaction stimulates baby’s attention span and listening skills
- Stimulate baby’s senses with foot pats, finger plays, tracing and tracking of small motor movements
- Moving with baby helps them grasp where they are in space and see the world around them
- Allows baby to socialize with other babies
- Babies learn in their sleep, so even if they are in dreamland, they will still benefit from the material
- Strengthens the bond between parent & baby
- Increases the body’s production of endorphins and up-lifts the mood
- Group class environment allows for meeting other parents!
- Parents will learn how to be aware of posture when moving with baby to prevent injury
- Having fun with baby!!
- Baby blanket
- Soother or bottle if needed (no toys please)