- This event has passed.
March 1, 2018 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am ESTFree
Lullababies with Anna Jaeger, a storytime class with a movement focus for parents and babies (0-2 years).
Participants will learn from a broad repertoire of rhymes, songs, tickles and bounces based on local storytelling legends Sally and Erika Jaeger’s programs. The class material requires the participation of the parent or caregiver, to play with baby using language and movement.
- Early introduction to language for baby
- Parents will learn how to distract, diffuse, entertain, calm and sooth baby
- Face-to-face interaction stimulates baby’s attention span and listening skills
- Stimulate baby’s senses with foot pats, finger plays, tracing and tracking of small motor movements
- Moving with baby helps them grasp where they are in space and see the world around them
- Allows baby to socialize with other babies
- Strengthens the bond between parent and baby
- Group class environment allows for meeting other new parents
- Parents will learn how to be aware of their posture when moving with baby to prevent injury
- Yoga mat
- Baby blanket
- Soother or bottle if needed (no toys please)